Where tiny places and thoughtful spaces fall in love....

March 17, 2011

Grasshopper Green...

To pay homage to a quarter of my family tree, I've dedicated this post to all of the lucky Irish out there!
I've always been obsessed with the color green. For my fourteenth birthday my parents gave me the gift of funding my fist decorating overhaul...my bedroom. I think they soon regretted it when in no time I had my dad pulling up the carpet and varnishing the wood floors while my mom was removing my antique bed with the pretty white late canopy and striping the walls of their floral paper. Before they knew it I had picked out the most perfect shade of bright, but certainly unexpected green...Grasshopper Green. A little piece of my mother died that day because suddenly her perfectly curated home now had one lime green room permanently closed off to visitors. Given the chance I would paint another room all over again in that beautiful shade! Check out some of my very favorite green rooms below and have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!