Where tiny places and thoughtful spaces fall in love....

March 22, 2011

Wallpapered Ceilings...

My mother took a bold step in the early 80's when decorating my nursery by choosing to outfit it in a soft pink and rich black color palette. Our family of decorators stood by and silently judged, "How could she decorate her baby girl's room in black?" Now all of these years later that little nursery is still one of my very favorite rooms. Plus, the most unique thing about this small space was the wallpapered ceilings done in a black ground with small pink rose buds. Props to my dad for actually hanging it...what a patient man! I'm loving the rooms you'll find below; the wallpaper covering the ceilings adds so much dimension and depth to the room that it would not otherwise have. Due to the fact that I'm going to be rental bound for the next few years, I'm going to look into adding wall decals to my ceiling to get a similar effect without the hassle.