Where tiny places and thoughtful spaces fall in love....

December 20, 2010

Come on Baby Light my Fire..

I've always dreamed of having a bright white fireplace in my tiny studio. Although I did almost start a fire in my microwave heating up leftovers tonight so maybe open flames are not the best idea for someone like me. Growing up in the cold Midwest my childhood home had multiple fireplaces that would be a popular gathering place for visitors throughout the winter, so I've always felt a little nostalgic about them. In the below pictures you'll find a collection of a more modern take on the traditional fireplace with pure white brick and an eclectic mix of unexpected mantel place pieces. I also love some of the unexpected splashes of color you'll find adding some excitement to this focal point in the room.